A Super Easy Fun Fundraiser
The fifty-fifty Raffle . . .
It may not be the most glamorous fundraiser. But when done correctly, the fifty-fifty raffle can be a sure, simple, and ongoing source of fundraising revenue for almost any nonprofit group.
The fifty-fifty raffle fundraiser has a lot going for it and almost no downside:
• Easy Fundraiser
- Looking for a quick and easy fundraiser? The fifty-fifty raffle the way to go. No need to explain it. Everyone knows about it.
(Return on Investment) – For the time, money, and manpower invested you won’t find a better return.
• Quick Start
- The fifty-fifty raffle fundraiser is easy to get going. No need to line purchase and/or solicit prizes.
• No Obstructions
- The fifty-fifty raffle won’t interfere with your other fundraisers.
• Everyone’s a Donor
- We’re talking pocket change. But a few bucks per person quickly adds up.
• No Burnout
- This is a low impact fundraiser. So low that everyone who contributes won’t even think of it as a fundraiser.
• Rinse and Repeat
- Repeat this fundraiser time and time again with success.
- A fifty-fifty raffle fundraiser is a great add-on to an existing event.
How a fifty-fifty Raffle Fundraiser Works
A raffle involves many people buying tickets for a chance to win a prize or prizes.
In the case of a fifty-fifty raffle the prize is fifty percent of the money taken in by the raffle ticket sales. The other fifty percent is retained by the nonprofit group holding the raffle.
Hence the name, fifty-fifty raffle fundraiser.
A person can purchase one or more tickets, and each ticket purchased equals one entry in the drawing for a winner. A certain number of tickets are sold or a specified time passes and a single ticket is randomly chosen.
You sell as many tickets to each person as possible, for a fixed fee. Typical ticket prices are $1, $5, or $10 depending on the makeup of your group. The most common price is one ticket for $1.
So here it is in a nutshell: Sell the raffle tickets and collect the money.
Add up the amount you have collected and divide it in half. One half goes to the winner and the other half to your organization. Draw the ticket. Award the winner their fifty percent.
Your only expense for this fundraiser is the minimal cost of printing raffle tickets.
Sell More fifty-fifty Raffle Tickets
Obviously the more tickets that are sold, the more money the seller and the winner will make.
No matter how much you charge per raffle ticket, offer incentives for multiple purchases. You can charge one dollar for one raffle ticket, offer three for two dollars, and seven for five dollars. Go for the up-sell.
Don’t be bashful, ask everyone to buy. The cost of entry is so low; nearly everyone will purchase at least one chance.
Fundraising with a fifty-fifty raffle is fast and easy. They will make your organization good money time after time.
Do it! Then tell us about your successes.