Use This Sample Letter to Solicit Raffle Prizes
Requests for the donation of prizes for your raffle fundraiser can be easy if you start with people, contacts and local businesses you already know. Keep in mind that people are eager to be generous and helping out a good local charity and/or cause is just good business. Favorable public relations is not only a goal of businesses, but they are sure to reap good publicity when they help out worthy organizations.
Here are a few tips and a sample raffle prize request letter.
• Have your raffle committee members reach out to their contacts, business associates and friends.
• Ask your members and volunteers to suggest possible donors that they may know personally Soliciting for raffle prize donations can be easy if you begin with the contacts and local businesses. Ask them to make the contact.
• Ask local businesses that have some relation to the raffle event or organization or that sell to the demographic of event attendees.
• Work with related organizations and ask if they can suggest donors for your raffle prizes.
• In addition to a raffle prize ask for support items such as goody bags, stickers, etc.
• Gift certificates from area merchants are a great prize. Ask for them!
• Soliciting via email can save time but you may want to send a letter depending on the donors comfort level with email.
• Follow up is essential.
Here is a sample letter with the main elements of a raffle prize request. Just replace the underlined text with your information.
Insert Business Name of Potential Donor
Insert Name of Potential Donor,
I am contacting you on behalf of the (name of your organization.) We are the local chapter of the include if you are a sub-chapter of a larger organization, with members from all over your regional area coming together to main purpose of your group.
Every year we hold a “Name of your Event” where we have list some of the exciting activities that will take place at this event. This event is our biggest fundraiser every year with the proceeds going to support club activities and (list specifics of how the funds will be used such as membership in other associations.)
This year we are expecting as many as (expected number) of people. They will enjoy more about your event activities in location/city and state during date or week of month.
We are asking your generous support this year with a donation of a raffle prize(s) to be awarded. Prizes in the past have included examples of prizes.
Prize donors will receive recognition of their generosity in our newsletter, website, printed on the raffle ticket itself, in the event program and live at the event. This is an excellent marketing opportunity for your company to be in front of target demographic group (auto enthusiasts, wealthy landowners, etc).
Thank you for your generous support,
City State Zip